American Truck Simulator (Gaming)

by Funkmon @, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 01:29 (2974 days ago) @ naturl selexion

I started trucking over 25 years ago - and quit about 10 years ago. I've driven in 47 states. This game reminds what is was like when I first started. The number of trucks on the road has grown incredibly over the last couple decades. The trucker talk thing would really get on my nerves, never could stand that. Do you have to double clutch, or float gears, or are they automatics?

Well, it's clear the developers are neither truckers or American. It works as a sequential shifter and you can choose to have a clutch.

Does the game have crowded truck stops?

Nope.

Lot lizards?

Ew. No!

In regards to pulling over to sleep, the game has sleeping spots placed at reasonable distances.

There are a few things I miss about trucking, looks like the game captures those types of things. There are of course many more things that I don't miss at all - I'll bet those aren't in the game.

Well, the worst parts of the game to me is parking. But yeah, it probably only captures the good stuff. It seems like a fun job based on this game written by non truckers in another continent.

What're the states you missed?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread