Rampant Speculation - Year 2 Expansion (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, February 08, 2016, 14:33 (2971 days ago)
edited by breitzen, Monday, February 08, 2016, 14:45

This is what I want to see/think might be possible in a year 2 expansion. Maybe releasing in late spring with some "build up" events to get everyone ready.

So we know from a leaked photo that at one point Bungie had plans (who knows how well developed) to release two expansions similar to TDB and HOW focused on the Cabal and Vex. I think its safe to say these plans have changed, but I’m going to use them (Mostly what might come out of a Cabal storyline) as part of this discussion on what I hope to see from Destiny this year.

We know from the Grimoire Card: The Awakening that the Queens’ Brother is alive on Mars in the “Candor Isles”. He seems to be able to reach out with his subconscious and connect with his sister, although this time she’s just out of reach. The card ends with his Crows gathered around him, getting read to repair his ship and he says “Something has gone missing and you will help me find it.”

Part 1: Searching for Answers

For now, Petra seems in charge of the Awoken. I would love to see her get a signal from the Crows and send us on a mission to locate and rescue The Queen’s brother from the Candor Isles (A new patrol location). After rescuing him, he once again sees the Guardian’s usefulness and enlists our help in finding the Queen. He sheds lights on the Techeuns and the power they posses. We go on a mission where we scout the debris around the Dreadnought (in our space ship!) for clues and discover we need to go back to the Dreadnought to learn more about the weapon. This leads up to discover that a new Hive threat is rising in the wake of Oryx’s death.

Part 2: A Discovery

We get two “quest lines” now. One is focused not the new Hive threat (this doesn't get resolved and is left for year two) and one focused on the Cabal and Candor Isles. Eris gets involved and the we see some of her history with The Queen and The Brother. On the Dreadnought we discover that the Cabal might know something about the location of the Queen. In digging around the Meridian Bay, we find out the Cabal have found Charlemagne.

Part 3: The Hunt

With both the Queen and Charlemagne the Cabal would have a huge advantage in the war. We Hunt down key Cabal across the Candor Isles and Meridian Bay to find clues. At the end of The Brother’s Quest line we rescue the Queen from the Cabal. The end of Eris’ Quest line brings us to the Raid.

Part 4: The Raid

The story ends with the Raid where we discover and fight through to Charlemagne’s Vault beneath the Candor Isles. The Raid’s twist is that the final boss fight is a defensive stand, using Charlemagne’s tech as new mechanics to defend the vault. Charlemagne reveals new inside into Exo’s and the Vex threat that will be coming…

Now watch how wrong I am! What do you want to see from the next Destiny expansion/DLC?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread