On the topic of Limbo (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 08, 2016, 22:13 (2992 days ago) @ unoudid

What is the meaning of the ending? I was going to add that game to my list, but just left this game off because I couldn't accurately give an opinion on the ending.

which theory do you believe?

For me, the thing about Limbo (and Journey) that I love so much is the feelings they convey. I don't really think much about "what they are about" because those specifics don't effect the emotional reaction I have while playing.

In the case of Limbo, I think any of the interpretations in that article are totally valid. Personally, the way I felt while playing would fit within any of those versions of the story. For me it was all about the slowly-building sense of stress, anxiety, and fear. The feeling of being slowly overwhelmed that all builds to a sort of euphoric release and sense of finality. I love that the game made me feel so strongly without ever needing to tell me what was explicitly happening. It somehow didn't matter. The moment I saw that little girl near the half-way mark, I knew she was what I was looking for. And when I finally found her at the end, I felt at peace.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread