Haaaaaaalo (Gaming)

by Avateur @, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 02:26 (2971 days ago) @ Leviathan

Epic endings that gave me goosebumps:

Halo 3

True, that ending was pretty perfect. Shoulda stayed asleep, imo.

Mass Effect 1

That ending was freaking unreal. Mass Effect 2's was also pretty bad ass.

FFVII
FFVIII

I almost threw FFVI into my post below, but much like the long list of Zeldas, I left it out. And Halo. And Mass Effect. I felt like everyone else covered it pretty well up to this point. :P

Fulfilling/revealing endings to a story:

Braid

Ohhhh, I forgot about Braid. I still have that on my 360. Yeah, that ending was pretty nifty.

Alan Wake

When the game "ends" the first time, sans DLC, nothing but disappointment. I seriously thought that was the end of the game. Horrible. But then when I got the DLCs that actually ended the story, excellent payoff. Too bad it looks like we're never gonna get a proper sequel that really closes the book.

Red Dead Redemption

While this game is far and beyond one of my most favorite games of all time, I'm still not sure, even after all of these years, how I feel about jumping ahead and into John's kid's shoes for a scene.

Most exciting ending ever:

Halo 1 - up until that point I just didn't realize you could raise the stakes and make such an exciting, emotional, and fun ending in a video game - AND make it playable too!

Wildcat destabilizations are where it's at for all the fun, action, and excitement!

Honorable mentions:

I remember Tomb Raider Legend made me excited to play whatever came next.
And Tomb Raider's (2013) ending supplied a satisfying last rung in the ladder to 'rebuilding' Lara. Two Pistols!

I haven't played a Tomb Raider since Sega Genesis, so I have no idea about these.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread