Thought about it for awhile (Gaming)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 04:20 (2992 days ago) @ Korny

Had to think about it for awhile, but I think I have a good list of games that really blew me away with the ending.

Halo and Halo 3 obviously. Honestly just the whole last act of Halo 3's story is just awesome.
Bioshock (the good ending) and Bioshock Infinite. Very few FPSes make me connect with my character as much as the Bioshock games do, especially since even the cutscenes are in first person, and the endings tie that together so well.
Last of Us. What else is there to add?
Marathon Infinity. Just a note perfect end to the Durandal storyline in my opinion.

And then 2 choices I haven't seen, and may even be somewhat controversial:
Transistor. Very few games have driven me to immediately replay the story again, love the themes and somewhat bittersweet ending.
Chrono Trigger. My favorite game of all time. Picking it something of a cheat since it actually has 12-14 endings (depending on the version and if you count losing), one with 5 variations on the ending. In my opinion the only game with branching endings that truly accomplishes feeling like your actions have a drastic change on the outcome. You can even not even revive the MAIN character in one ending! And for another ending you either have to defeat the main boss with only one character or defeat him when you most likely assumed he is impossible to beat the first time through! Seriously, I can't say enough good things about this game or about the multiple endings.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread