Who is your favorite bad guy? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 18:14 (2997 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Video Games:

Catherine (Catherine): A physical representation of the fear of commitment and maturity, Catherine proves to be an appealing character despite the countless red flags around her. The fact that I felt compelled to choose her over Katherine (the character you're in a relationship with) didn't go over too well with Sammy, who hated her throughout her playthrough. I haven't met such an obvious antagonist that I still felt drawn to in a game, which led to more than one morally bad choice throughout the game (and one really ticked off Sammy). :P

The Stalker (Warframe): There are very few enemies in video games that I'd consider truly terrifying, but the way the Stalker was implemented into the game genuinely causes fear. He sends you a threat, then you forget about him as you continue playing the game (with a sense of anxiety and dread lingering in the back of your mind), until you're doing a random mission and the lights begin to flicker... Up until a recent update, depending on your mistakes, he could even lock you out of the entire game completely for the rest of the day, adding real-world consequences that I haven't seen anywhere else (outside of Catherine, heh).
Though you know nothing about him at first, there are bits and pieces scattered throughout the lore that hint at what/who he is, and once you get to the Second Dream quest, you find out much more about his motivations and why he hunts you and other Tenno (you might actually be the real bad guy), and you have to fight a much stronger version of him from then on.

Mentions:
GLaDOS (Portal),
Wheatley (Portal 2),
Harbinger (Mass Effect 2)
Nemesis (Resident Evil 3)
The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3)

Handsome Jack is overrated. Boom Bewm are where it's at...

Multimedia:

The Beast (Over the Garden Wall): An ever-present threat throughout the entire miniseries, The Beast rarely interacts directly with any of the characters, acting more as an influence and a sense of looming despair. Despite the show being targeted at a younger audience, The Beast proves to be way more than a boogeyman, because as a character notes, he is "the absence of hope". I don't want to spoil too much, but people have said that the Beast might be a symbol of suicide, given all of the clues strewn throughout. Again, this is a children's show...

Hayley Stark (Hard Candy): Ostensibly a naive 14-year old girl, she proves to be very manipulative and calculating. Despite the fact that she is toying with a potential pedophile, her actions and demeanor show her to be the true "bad guy" in a film devoid of a "good guy". The more you learn about the character, the less you really know (is anything she says true?), which I thought made her a fascinating protagonist/antagonist. Plus, she's played by Ellen Page with short hair, so...

Mentions:
Wilson Fisk (Daredevil series)
Tyrannosaurus (Jurassic Park)
The Joker (The Dark Knight)
Annie Wilkes (Misery)
Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread