Who is your favorite bad guy? *SW7 Spoilers* (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 19:47 (2970 days ago) @ Kermit

(Side note: your use of the term "Marry Sue" really bothers me here. We've seen plenty of male characters in Star Wars and other franchises make great leaps in power. But because Rey is female you can't accept it? Not cool.)

Enjoyed your discussion, but I'd have to disagree here. At least in the core movies (the ones I care about), I don't think there are great leaps in power. Luke's progression, for instance, is rather bumbling. (The only exception being his piloting skills, but womprats and such make that credible.) I like Rey, but her omnipotence does seem nearly instant.

What vast powers of Rey are you referring? I can only think of two instances where she actually uses the force. When she told the storm trooper what to do and when she force grabs the light saber.

She is powerful in the force and she has no formal training in it. The only course for her IS to bumble into her powers. Which she seems to be doing just that. To me it seems perfectly logical that she has had serious events happen to her suddenly and her abilities in the force have manifested because of that. And she has indeed struggled with them. Like when she had the vision after touching Luke's light saber.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread