What games totally nail the ending? (Gaming)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 20:32 (2992 days ago) @ Kermit

Nothing else compares. The ending of BioShock Infinite blew me away at the time.

I've got to really disagree with you here, friend. I was really let down by Bioshock: Infinite as a whole, and the ending was (heh) the last straw.

That's cool. You're certainly not a first person here to disagree with me on that. I've never been primed for a game like I was for BI. I watched every interview with Ken Levine, read The Devil in the White City (a requirement for BI developers), watched documentaries on the World's Fair--it didn't hurt that my great grandmother was Elizabeth's age and played many of the tunes featured in the game on the piano while I was growing up. I had a strong emotional connection to the game.

Totally understandable. For me most of the intrinsic value in games comes down to two things: Novelty of gameplay, and predictability of story.

The gameplay of BI was fine, nothing inherently wrong with it. But, for me, it just felt like playing Bioshock all over again.

The real kicker was that the game had far too predictable a plot. I really hate seeing where a story is going, and to do so from the word go was more than a little irritating for me.

But I'm glad you had fun with it! All things considered, it is definitely a solid game in a world filled to the brim with sub-par entries.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread