That's... like... Crazy broken. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 14:07 (2969 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

...and since players spawn without special ammo, we barely saw any sniper fire. Most rounds were over before the special ammo had even spawned.

Start with Ice Breaker. Getting a bullet every 6-7 seconds is pretty game breaking for this playlist I believe. After the first round, switch to whatever sniper or shotgun you want during the time between rounds and you'll pretty much be full on special the rest of the game. 6 rounds of ice breaker gave me 18 rounds on my 1kys.

So I knew people could use Icebreaker or Invective to generate ammo, then switch weapons. But I thought the ammo conversion was 1-to-1.
Honestly, I'd be fine with that. But 6 Icebreaker rounds = 18 1kys rounds? How does stuff like this ship?

I'm assuming it's a percentage thing. Six Icebreaker rounds is 100% capacity for that weapon, so when you switch between rounds, you get a full stack of ammo for whatever weapon you switched to.

Icebreaker definitely breaks it a bit, but it makes sense if you're doing something like switching from a sniper to a sidearm. Not sure how they could patch that specifically for Icebreaker, though.

-Disciple

I'm sure this would be controversial, but I feel like you just shouldn't be able to swap special weapons without losing all your special ammo.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread