this this this this (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 14:37 (2990 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

For example: it took me quite a while to get my first Fatebringer. When it finally did drop for me, I didn't suddenly stop playing VoG, or Destiny in general. I actually started playing the raid (and the rest of the game) MORE because Fatebringer made everything more fun. IMO, people shouldn't need to run a raid 50+ times to get all the raid gear they want. HAVING gear isn't fun. USING it is. But if players need to replay activities an insane number of times to get the gear they want, they're going to be sick of the activities by the time the gear actually drops. Nobody wins.

When I look at a particular piece/weapon, I don't even consider the challenge necessary to get it, I consider the amount of time I'd have to waste to get it. There is literally no item in Destiny where I feel like the challenge is what is turning me off from pursuing it. This is exacerbated by the fact that once I acquire something that I may love, it'll need even more time to get infused...

Not to mention no heads up on sleeper days and I've missed out on that because I don't allow my life to revolve around a game enough to either 1. be on every day or 2. hop on day of because of an event that I couldn't have planned for

My Destiny play time has dropped DRASTICALLY since I hit around 309 because I felt like I couldn't experiment and the grind time was increasing.

I feel like Bungie has said "if you don't invest enough time in this game, we'll restrict how much fun you can have with it". It flies in the face of what I got out of Halo which was "Hey if you see someone make a jump, you can make it too, you just have to get good enough at it"

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread