That was fun, but... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 18:04 (2997 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That said, Sammy and I had a lot of fun, and I love the Doubles elimination gametype (we're going to do more of it this evening, and throughout the week). As far as this event goes, I hope Crimson Doubles makes a return as a weekend playlist, but I am bummed that my expectation was that it would be an event similar to Festival of the Lost. That's entirely on me, though.

No, it's not on you. Bungie explicitly said that this event would be on the scale of festival of the lost. They said that verbatim.

They said it would be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost (always remember to cite your sources, rather than just running your mouth, Cody). And in terms of what you can get from it (emotes, shaders, Ghosts, Bounties, and a new playlist), it is indeed similar. There are no quests, though, and your rewards are drops rather than rolls on bags of candy (though the drops are useful, rather than cosmetic), but Bungie clarified their initially vague claim with specifics on what the event would entail, and the event's page lists exactly what the event is, and what new stuff it brings.

Bungie told us exactly what the event is well before it dropped, so yes, that I expected more is entirely on me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread