Can confirm, 100% success rate. (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 18:39 (2997 days ago) @ Funkmon

At this point we all have high level spindles and we are high light level. So yeah, DPS isn't as much of a factor anymore. We are not having to do 5 rounds and risk enraging by doing the one orb strat.

It really comes down to how well the current team works together. Is your team sloppy or a well oiled machine?

As far as the timing on orb drop stage goes. If you are the primary distraction person on the bridge then you'll typically have a much better idea of when the gaze is going to be grabbed. the rest of the people hiding on the bridge are clueless until either they see the text on the screen or the gaze holder calls it out. Most of the time, they won't be in the ideal spots to quickly make it to the puddle. I could be wrong, but that has been my experience most of the time. When I'm on the bridge and then it's time to go down to the puddle I'm running around multiple obstacles in order to make it to the puddle to then turn around, make sure I have a clear shot, aim, then pull the trigger all while hoping to either tether or get a WoL buff. Whereas if I'm hiding up front, I can drop down, tether and get WoL and be ready to shoot within 2 seconds since it's a single motion to do all of that on the way to the puddle.

I'll still argue that moving around in this fight causes way more trouble then it helps. Whether on the bridge or up front. You move and golgoroth sees then he'll look at you instead of where he should look. Also, if you move down in the puddle you are screwing up someone's shot. heck, even up when you are divided into two teams to shoot the hive that are funneling down the firing range if you move, you are typically getting in the way of a teammates shot.

The mechanics of this fight are beyond simple. Shoot orb, stand still and shoot down a firing range. hide by standing still, Jump down in a pit, stand still and shoot in a puddle. then rinse and repeat. I'm so used to strafing from my Halo days that I actually have to conscientiously focus on not moving while doing this fight.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread