Golgoroth DPS Strategies (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 23:07 (2996 days ago) @ Chappy

2-Gaze, 6 Orb:
This was popular for a time, but I don't see it very often on heroic difficulty (perhaps due to the increased risk to the fireteam). One gaze holder positions on the right side of the room, while a second gaze holder positions at the left. The DPS team drops one of the front orbs, and the corresponding gaze holder takes the gaze while the DPS team enters the pool and begins damaging the boss. With 5 seconds left on the countdown, the DPS team drops the opposite side orb and moves into its pool, as the second gaze holder grabs the gaze before the timer runs out. Cursed thrall begin to spawn, requiring one team member to focus on enemy control for the remainder of the cycle. The gaze is passed left and right as the DPS team drops each orb in succession until all orbs have been used.
Pros: This offers the most time to do damage to Golgoroth - enough that the DPS team will likely run out of sniper ammo by the end of the 3rd pool.
Cons: This requires more coordination and communication across the fireteam than other methods. There is more risk, as cursed thrall spawn nearby at every gaze switch.

I kinda miss running this strategy. I got really good at being the gaze holder, especially on the right side. Best setup for doing it was to use Red Death for Golgoroth's poison darts, Long Far Gone for dropping the orbs (4 shots, so I'd always have mine down before the switch), and Quillim's for emergencies. I think you are right though, ammo and risk are problems.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread