Quest transcripts (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, February 12, 2016, 02:33 (3004 days ago)

I've been working on a Destiny project for a while now. I was going to wait until I had more done to share it but it's going to take a long time, I might not get all of it done myself, and today's a good day for it, don't you think?

With the quest system, Bungie added tons and tons of story to a game that was severely lacking it (let's just forget about the Grimoire for a minute, better communicators than me have conveyed why it doesn't really count as game story and often barely counts as story). Unfortunately quests can't be repeated, so you have to start a new character or even a whole new account if you want to revisit some of the quotes given in quest step description pages and quest dialog pages. Fortunately I can fix that (also not in the game itself, but it's something).

To that end, I present: transcriptions of Destiny's quests!

Here's a link that should let you browse the ones I've done (only a few at present but I'm still working on them): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i4mdieuy6kayjjs/AADZ3bybaG9zySlZJYmRAlRya?dl=0

Here's a link to many of the screenshots I used as source material (my Dropbox is almost full from these so I won't put up more this way): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/okmp9p9pe9umrgl/AADZrKT2KdLBxi-Ls2RIYN12a?dl=0

I hope this will be useful and enjoyable for anyone interested in the story and lore. As I said these are a work in progress and far from complete, in fact I'm working on one right now so if you keep checking you might see newer saves of it.

If you see any value in this, please, send me screenshots so I can get everything without taking ages. You can also send me transcripts you've done yourself, but I doubt I'll include them without a screenshot or some clear, nicely pausable video showing the source. If you know anyone (or are anyone) who would like to host this archive, please e-mail me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread