Apparently they let him know about the ghost drops? (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, February 15, 2016, 00:59 (3001 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just listened to the whole thing. Leif definitely seemed surprised when the PD guys told him about their collective lack of drops. Between the 4 of them, only 1 had gotten a ghost and they had each played between 6-12 hours of Crimson Doubles (if I recall correctly). Leif said that was absolutely not the intended design, and speculated that there might be some kind of bug in the loot table.

Someone mentioned this, but I'll bet anything given Bungie's lack of internal communication that the nightfall adjustment to ghost drops also lowered the drop rate of ghosts in the event as an unintended consequence. Would not surprise me one bit.

So there is a series of Bounties associated with Crimson Doubles, and the final "weekly"-tier bounty comes with a nightfall drop, so that would certainly be effected... But as far as I know the Crimson ghosts lie completely outside of the nightfall loot table (since the CD playlist is the only way to get them). I suppose it is possible that in lowering the nightfall drop rate for ghosts, Bungie accidentally lowered ghost drop rates in other loot tables as well, but that is 100% conjecture on my part.

Given how many Ghost shells we all received when we ran the nightfalls this week, I would not be surprised if someone accidentally modified the wrong loot table. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread