Elite controller config/learning curve (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 18:33 (2999 days ago)
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 18:58

So I bought some hardware that theoretically enables me to use the Elite controller with my PS4. I'll let you know how that works. In anticipation of it working, I've started trying to learn to use the paddles (on the Xbox). This is what I've tried so far.

Upper left paddle: A
Lower left paddle: X
Upper right paddle: B
Lower right paddle: Y

Upper left paddle: X
Lower left paddle: Y
Upper right paddle: A
Lower right paddle: B

Upper left paddle: Y
Lower left paddle: X
Upper right paddle: A
Lower right paddle: B

I'm leaning toward the last one.

It's been kind of tough going. I'm holding the controller a little differently than usual and though I like the paddles when I remember to use them, I'm still flailing when I need them most. I've created a setting that disables the real buttons, which is forcing me to use the paddles. Any other tips?

I'm not completely comfortable using the lower left paddle because I have some numbness in my left ring finger (due to an old nerve injury). I think I can use it, but I might end up taking the lower left paddle off and using one of the buttons normally. Any nominees for which button doesn't get assigned? I'm thinking X or B.

I'm thinking of using this for Destiny of course, but I'm curious to hear from those of you who have successfully rewired your brain. Does it carry over to other games? What happens when you go back to old games?

Kermit

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread