Nailed it. (: (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 25, 2016, 15:28 (3004 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I hate those darn Brits!

But seriously, he just bugs me. The perfect example of elitist douche. If it's not on PC, he doesn't care, which is fine, but he just assumes that console games can't be good. I don't care what anyone that close-minded has to say about anything.

Many things bother me about him, but he is an interesting figure nevertheless. First of all, he's simply not a very good critic, and he focuses on the most absolutely banal aspects of games and always talks about 'consumers' and stuff. He frequently spends over 10 minutes going through the options menus of PC games to evaluate them, which is the biggest waste of time ever. For instance his Street Fighter 5 video is 15 minutes long, and 12 is covering the options menu. You can sum it up in a single sentence: "The servers are down and you need them to play, and you can't rebind keys". Both are bad. It took you maybe 10 seconds to read that? So why does he go on for 15 minutes?

HIs analysis is generally either performance related, business related, about technical matters, or it is incredibly shallow. Yet he still goes on and on in an incredibly verbose way. His videos could easily be significantly shorter.

He is also incredibly thin skinned and petty. He cries and pitches a hissy fit instead of defending himself. He supported gamergate and doesn't think that racism is a problem in England.

If you want actual insight in your reviews or to actually hear someone who understands and appreciates games as art, he is not your guy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread