Okay, here are my thoughts! (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 04:55 (2991 days ago) @ Beorn

Yeah, while I was shopping for a new one, I decided to spring a few extra bucks for the 60 model, then while it was shipping I realized--the only games I have in 60 frames are Halos 1-5. At least I think so--I haven't even tried my other games or systems yet.

I downloaded your resample, and visually I can see no difference. I probably should've sent in something that wasn't almost all black. Then again, I'm really terrible with discerning stuff like that. I can barely tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps. But either way--170 Megabytes is a lot better than 790. I'd much rather take that for what looks like the same quality! :-)

Something like that is definitely what I need!

Let me give you the layout of a typical recording--the software I currently use records files in a .ts format. Only one program I have can use that, and it's just for viewing. Thankfully, the software automatically converts and saves an .mp4 copy as well. I have 1 or two programs that can use .mp4's to edit. I used to have a codec for my primary editing program that allowed me to edit .mp4's, but I lost it when my computer died, and unfortunately I can't find it on the internet anymore. So 90% of the time, if I want to use a clip in an editor, I have to convert it to .wmv or .avi or some other compatible format. That's three converts of the exact same recording, and all of them are heavy in filesize. You've just explained to me why, but whatever you did seems to really help!

I also looked at your photo comparison, and I didn't notice it at first, but after a few more late night glances, I definitely saw the lack of grain on the 8. It actually looks cleaner that way, more "hi-def", not just "compensating for hi-def".

Hard drive space isn't too much of a problem, but I went ahead and set my capture card to 30 fps, and dropped it down to about 19 MBPS.

Thanks, I really appreciate all your help on this! You obviously know your A/V stuff, and if you're okay with it, I'd like to talk with you more about it--maybe discuss encoding methods, I can send over some more tests, stuff like that!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread