TWaB and Deej (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, April 29, 2016, 14:58 (2916 days ago) @ Korny

I dunno, I find that Titans do have a few significant melee perks that the other classes don't.

Shoulder charge is a melee "perk" in that you can melee immediately after a shoulder charge, so if the charge doesn't kill the enemy, you've not only weakened them, you've closed ground extremely fast, putting the enemy in a vulnerable position faster than they expected it. Defender melee? You can get a recharging overshield (as opposed to the nerfed Warlock overshield). Sunbreaker melees make people vulnerable to a few shots (or simply cook them to death).

I agree that all of these abilities are useful. What bugs me is that none of these abilities win you a battle in just a melee fight.

I'm not touching shoulder charge cause of reasons listed here.

Disentigrate - Is great if you have the advantage on the first enemy and you get the last hit with your melee. I think this has happened once to me in PvP since I started playing Destiny. The only way to reliably use this ability is with exotic armor and a shotgun. That tells you something about that.

Sunstrike - Is great for getting kills, but it requires your death to do it. Any melee that requires damage over time to get a kill is a death sentence. And vulnerablility is great for bosses, nothing else. I actually love that ability for PvE. It is the only melee ability that feels like a Titan should be. It's worthless in PvP.

Stormfist - This melee is the only melee that I feel stands a chance against others. Mainly because it can almost one hit people which means that when a warlock gets extra shield, you actually have a chance to kill them on the second hit. The problem is, with warlock or backstab hunter range, titans always get hit first so they never have a chance to hit a second time unless the other player misses. It doesn't matter that Titans have faster melee.

I will say again that I like the melee abilities of Titans, but only in PvE. They seem useless in PvP.

Plus, all Titans got a decent melee lunge with the Titan tweaks.

I've never noticed this.

The only problem that I have with Titan melees is that it takes me a while to get used to the range difference, since they don't have a projectile melee.

I've been leveling up a Warlock for the main reason I want to be able to melee like I'm OP and whenever I switch from my Titan to the warlock I feel like I'm firing a gun and not using a melee.

[Edit] All things will be made even if you give a Titan a upper cut melee that makes guardians do a backflip death sequence.

If Uncharted 4 taught me anything, it's that there is definitely a place for charged melees in gun-based multiplayer.

This would be amazing. Actually, technically Titans already have this with shoulder charge. but I know what you mean :-)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread