OOOO!! I got this! (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, April 29, 2016, 18:00 (2911 days ago) @ Earendil

Now, I am in the camp that thinks that Warlock melees are over sold, and titan melees are better than people think.
BUT, I think the idea is that since a titan charge can't START at melee range (even if it ends there) means that it isn't really a melee weapon. You don't back around a corner, find an enemy in your face, and start charging, it's just not possible. I believe Mac wants Titan's to be able to be dropped into a small pit with a hunter or warlock and have a better than not chance of winning.

Personally, I think that if a titan gets within it's melee range it should have an advantage. Because more often than not, if a titan gets within melee range it's already hurting or dead.

Why is this any more true of titans than other classes? If anything, a Titan's option speed and/or optional shield should enable a titan to close that distance better than any other character, right? I generally only use melee when I accidentally get too close to an enemy. I'd much prefer scout rifle range.

What about a Titan makes it look like it would be a good idea to go to hand to hand combat with them? This is what bugs me the most.

NOTHING about a titan makes me want to go hand to hand, which is why I magic-bitch-slap yo ass from 10 feet away ;-)
But in all seriousness, if a titan has a faster attack speed, and a titan and a warlock round a corner and find themselves toe to toe, the titan should win, yes? A warlock's only innate melee ability is the range, which is unhelpful if it goes to fisticuffs at point blank range.

Now count all the times you accidentally rounded a corner and happened to be in Titan melee range without either of you holding a shotgun.

That's how many times Titans have an advantage in a straight up melee battle.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread