Its been free since the 15th of last month, no? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 03, 2016, 20:18 (2912 days ago) @ naturl selexion

The "Games with Gold" generally has nothing of interest but this month (two weeks?) you can get Sunset Overdrive for free. I almost bought it when it came out. It reminds me of Crackdown, which I thought was a great game. I probably will never complete it but it is a nice diversion, and the price is right.

I've had it downloaded on the Xbone for a week, I think. Unless I've gone mad...

Either way, I finally played it last night, and it's one of the very few games that I don't sit through for at least five hours because it was so bad.
I actually played a little over an hour and a half of it (I think, it felt much longer), before I grew so annoyed with all of the forced humor, references, and attempts to be hip. The gameplay was pretty mediocre as well, but I'm sure it improves as you unlock abilities and such. I just couldn't handle enduring more of the stupidity. inFAMOUS, it is not, though I think it was trying to be.

I need another shower after remembering how bad it was...

Of course, YMMV, so if the "humor" that wishes that it had an ounce of Borderlands' charm doesn't bother you, I'm sure it might be mindless fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread