Something that Bungie (and all devs) could learn from DE... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 03, 2016, 21:34 (2886 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I mean, once you can beat Reach on Legendary with your hand behind your back, and there is no sense of challenge or discovery left, I probably would not keep playing it. My Xbox 360 is in my closet right now :-/

And then you have people like Rockslider who are still playing the original Halo. It's fine to be "finished" with a game, and move on to other things. It's also okay to really enjoy one particular game and play it endlessly. One size does not fit all.

People like to play for different reasons, and smaller stuff gives folks lots of reasons to hop on and play with friends, as well as helping the overall value of the game. You seem to wish that Destiny only launched with a Tutorial, a Raid, and then nothing until the next Raid came out. Where's the fun/value in that?

You're right, but the smaller stuff should come with big stuff at the same time. An update with small stuff sooner is not as satisfying as an update with small + big stuff later on. On its own, small stuff doesn't really hit that critical mass.

I don't personally disagree with you, but at this point, they could get away with recycling old, small stuff to give those that are still playing Destiny just another small thing in the mix. Bring back Queen's Wrath in some way, throw SRL out there every other month, same with Crimson Doubles. There's enough things they've done previously that could probably be re-instated with very little work. Every month you could have Iron Banner and one other event set a week apart, with those other events coming once every three months. It wouldn't be enough to bring someone like you back into the game, but that's not the point right now. The fall expansion is what will bring people back. At this point they just need to (or should) give those that are still playing more to do. I haven't played the strike playlists in a while, but have those even been updated to bring the old strikes back in, or is it still just the Taken King ones with the Taken versions of a few old ones in rotation?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread