Counterexample (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 18:06 (2915 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Lifetime K/Ds:

Hunter (mostly Gunslinger): 1.6
Warlock (mostly Sunsinger in Trials and Stormcaller elsewhere): 1.47
Titan (mostly Sunbreaker): 1.52

I'm sure there are a variety of things to explain this, but I've never had the feeling that things were easier as a Warlock.

The thing with Stormcallers is not that they are generally "overpowered"... more "lopsided". Their "neutral game" is arguably the weakest of any subclass. They don't have a good grenade, their jumps all suck, and aside from melee range they don't have any perks or abilities that really give them an edge in any situation. But on the flip side of the coin, their super is so face-smackingly overpowered that you can easily pile up 3-4 kills at the very least every time you use it. So it wouldn't surprise me if their overall K/D was statistically similar to the other classes.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've become a Tlaloc convert. It's a MONSTER of a scout rifle when your super is charged.

Your super is never charged, though, if you're playing Bladedancer or Stormcaller - because who WOULDN'T want to use those as soon as they're available?

So I've been playing as a Sunsinger, in PvP. Things are a little slow at first (it's a pretty slow-firing gun, even though it hits like a truck)... but once I'm super'd, it is just ridiculous. And I've got almost no reason to pop my super (and take all that goodness away).

Plus, as a Sunsinger, I get a couple of sticky grenades, and a spectacularly powerful melee attack.

You wanna talk overpowered Warlocks... that's where you should start. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread