great answers! I've got a follow up

by urk, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 11:18 (3960 days ago) @ kidtsunami

WIll one of those things looking to pull you away from the main objective include competitive modes? Or will competitive involve a more controlled environment like going to some Arena in the city or selecting an option from the menu?

We've yet to detail out anything about competitive mp (dodge!), but I will say that the design pillar "Activities for Every Mood" is predicated on player choice. "Pull" is likely too strong a word to describe whatever falls into the bucket of "those things" here. "Entice" or "offer" might be better.

I believe there was a comment about trying to remove almost any UI (in regards to a prompt asking you to approve a public event).

There's UI to announce the Public Event, but no loading or lobby to sit through. We're not actively trying to eliminate all UI from the game (Hey, Candland!), but rather trying to ensure that as many actions and activities as possible feel woven into the narrative of the world itself. UI plays a huge roll in that obviously, and in fact, down the line I want to show it off as a reveal in and of itself. Which isn't a promise, but a personal preference. ;)

Thanks for answering those questions Bungie, one of the reasons I've always loved you is the respect you show your fans.

You should hear all the shit DeeJ says about you when you're not listening!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread