I don't understand what this means. :( (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 20, 2016, 15:16 (2906 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by CyberKN, Friday, May 20, 2016, 15:19

[image]
(source)

The only other piece of 100% gear I've received was the dread explorer shell, and I think everyone gets one of those.

So here is a pair I bought from the kiosk last week; hasn't been touched yet, except for light infusion:

[image]

How do I reconcile the numbers?

The Sunbreakers Xur is selling have 32 Int and 32 Dis, at 280 light. As you bring up an item's Light via infusion, the int/dis stats scale accordingly.

There is a known "max" int/dis/str an item can have (before you activate the "increase stat" nodes in the perk tree). This "max" varies between different types of gear, but is consistent across all pieces of the same type of gear.

So by applying the appropriate math, DIM can determine the % of max your item is capable of.

If tick the "Enable advanced stat quality comparison features" in the settings window of DIM, you can see a breakdown of each stat individually on a piece of Armour.

TL;DR: For YOUR sunbreakers, DIM has determined that if they were at the same Light level as the ones Xur is selling (ie. the max stat roll), they would only have 83% of the int/dis/str that the Xur ones have.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread