cheapLEY temptations of the week. Great stuff, too... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 21:59 (2890 days ago)
edited by Korny, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 22:10

How's Until Dawn coming along? This week's PSN sale is loaded with great stuff for all folks.

If you're looking for another good choice-based storytelling game, You can pick up the entire Life is Strange for $10. You know it's good because even Cody "I hate all sensible concepts of fun" Miller enjoyed it.

If you like survival horror games, the Outlast bundle is only $14.49, and is one of the only effectively "scary" games that I've played in a long while. Stressful, but never cheap, scares aren't random, and the story is actually interesting (and I'm eagerly anticipating the sequel) (and any problems that you have with the main campaign are likely addressed in the Whistleblower campaign). Plus, beating the game on the hardest difficulty without dying is one of those Trophies that is actually fun to go for (I've done it about four or five times, just because it's genuinely fun).

A number of DBO folks love Helldivers, and now you can get it with all of the expansions plus a dozen other DLC packs for just $24. Really tough, but lots of fun.

And finally, if the idea of a 4-player co-op Mirror's Edge game with Zombies, deep RPG elements, and a metric buttload of content sounds appealing, Dying Light: The Following (Enhanced Edition) is one of the best values in gaming today, and this week, it's an absolute steal at $35.99. It was easily my Game of the Year in 2015, and the Following expansion (that's right Cody, a proper expansion) that came out a few months ago added a ton of stuff to the game (I'm pretty sure it doubled the amount of content in an already meaty game).

I seriously can't recommend Dying Light enough.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread