The Order 1886 is garbage. (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 03, 2016, 15:25 (2905 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I know many people who think Breaking Bad sucks, because the first few episodes were really "boring". Those of us who kept watching witnessed a show that pretty much perfected storytelling by its end.

I'm that person. I gave Breaking Bad three episodes and it did nothing for me. I've been told to power through the first season. I'm not watching ten hours of a show before there's any chance of finding enjoyment in it. Life's too short.

There's nothing wrong with being this person. Life is short, and we have an embarrassment of riches in terms of good art to digest.

I didn't love early Breaking Bad either. It seemed too cute and kind of gimmicky. I also was kind of bored with the first season of Justified. It seemed formulaic. Both these shows I ended up loving. One thing about TV is that rarely does a good show start out as good as it gets. Characters come into focus--the show runners realize what the show's strengths are. Watch early Seinfeld. George Castanza, Elaine, and Kramer were not yet what they became.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread