^ This ^ (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 17:59 (2835 days ago) @ Claude Errera

In PvP it literally doesn't matter outside of trials and iron banana, but in those the only exotic that is really worth anything is MIDA. Every other slot is outclassed by good roll legendaries.

Year 1, I was all about Rocket Launchers. Quillim's converted me to a Machine Gun diehard... but there's still one place where Rockets are useful, and that's Elimination. (I don't play Trials, but it's true there, for the same reasons.)

And NOTHING outclasses Truth as a rocket launcher. NOTHING. (Dragon's Breath comes close, now... but dat tracking on Truth...)

Just wanted to point out an Exotic you missed. :)

I believe Tormod's Bellows to be a superior rocket to Truth, actually. 3 rounds, similar blast radius, double the velocity.

I've escaped Tormod's Bellows shots, through lucky dodging/jumping. As far as I know, I've never escaped a Truth rocket.

In my experience, too fast and the rocket can't track as well. Got my Truth spec'd as slow as she'll go.

Truth 4eva

High velocity on a tracking rocket is actually a bad thing, IMO. The slower the rocket is moving, the more time it has to adjust its trajectory and follow the target.

I'm so confused. Any time a rocket is tracking me it hits a wall because I almost never move through open space. The number of times I've been killed by a tracking rocket in the last year is probably 0. I've been killed by truth a few times, but always from a free-fire that caught me in the blast radius, never a track that followed me.

Is tracking seriously a thing you guys use? I find it mostly worthless. G&H and good aim will land a kill with every rocket, provided it moves quickly enough.

Again - different playstyles. I get MOST kills against people moving through open space, so I'm not playing against people like you.

Since Y2 started, Tracking (with the exception of Truth) became much less useful than G&H, because it 1) required more time for lock-on (which you almost never have), and 2) wasn't aggressive enough to counter fast movement. Like I said earlier, I really only use rockets during Eliminiation gametypes, which I don't play that often, so my dataset is smaller than I'd like... but Truth's tracking is still amazingly good.

I'm not disputing the quality of Truth's tracking, but I am disputing the efficacy of tracking in general.

Man, I really want to play Destiny on Xbox. I have a feeling that the communities play in completely different ways. Actually, the one time I watched an xbox streamer, he was using very different sniper lanes than I've ever used or seen on PS4, and wasn't watching the spots I know are favorites for my enemies. It was really weird. I wonder how different the Xbox and PS heatmaps are for the pvp levels?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread