^ This ^ (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 18:29 (2835 days ago) @ Kahzgul

In PvP it literally doesn't matter outside of trials and iron banana, but in those the only exotic that is really worth anything is MIDA. Every other slot is outclassed by good roll legendaries.

Year 1, I was all about Rocket Launchers. Quillim's converted me to a Machine Gun diehard... but there's still one place where Rockets are useful, and that's Elimination. (I don't play Trials, but it's true there, for the same reasons.)

And NOTHING outclasses Truth as a rocket launcher. NOTHING. (Dragon's Breath comes close, now... but dat tracking on Truth...)

Just wanted to point out an Exotic you missed. :)

I believe Tormod's Bellows to be a superior rocket to Truth, actually. 3 rounds, similar blast radius, double the velocity.

I've escaped Tormod's Bellows shots, through lucky dodging/jumping. As far as I know, I've never escaped a Truth rocket.

In my experience, too fast and the rocket can't track as well. Got my Truth spec'd as slow as she'll go.

Truth 4eva

High velocity on a tracking rocket is actually a bad thing, IMO. The slower the rocket is moving, the more time it has to adjust its trajectory and follow the target.

I'm so confused. Any time a rocket is tracking me it hits a wall because I almost never move through open space. The number of times I've been killed by a tracking rocket in the last year is probably 0. I've been killed by truth a few times, but always from a free-fire that caught me in the blast radius, never a track that followed me.

What makes Truth so fantastic is the fact that you can rely on Tracking or proximity & blast radius depending on the situation you are in.

Is tracking seriously a thing you guys use?

ooooh yes :)

https://twitter.com/NevinDouglas/status/709643693641359360

The trick with tracking is that a lot of people don't know how to use it to its full potential. Most players aim the launcher straight at the target, get the lock, then fire. Sometimes this works just fine. The problem is if your target is very quickly moving from side to side or up and down, there's a decent chance that your rocket won't track aggressively enough or your target will make it behind cover... either way, you miss.

What I do is use tracking rockets like curve balls. Lets say my target is running "left" on my screen, towards cover. I'll aim at them, get a lock, then swing my aim "right" just before I pull the trigger. This sends my rocket on a curved trajectory, allowing it to follow my target around the corner and hit them even after they're behind cover. This works great on large outdoor areas where the terrain itself gets in the way. Lock on a target in the distance, then swing your aim "up" and fire, sending the rocket up over any obstacles and back down onto your target from above.

Here's a great example:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread