What happened? (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, June 24, 2016, 14:57 (2860 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've heard the sync is good but multicam and multi-user environment still lack. I don't know, I've got minimal premiere experience. I'd love to learn, though - it seems like we'll all be over there soon enough.

It rocks, and you can mutlicam anything regardless of frame size or frame rate or codec, but you cannot output all the cameras to a preview monitor - just the active camera. You can only see all the cameras in the source / viewer window. Ultra stupid!

They'll get there eventually, I'm sure. You probably already know this, but they've got a deal with Avid to develop multi-user storage via the ISIS framework, which sounds an awful lot to me like Avid conceding the software market to Adobe down the line, and hedging their best by getting hardware solidified as their core business. Which is smart, since ISIS is just about the only good product Avid makes afaic.

Three years ago when Apple stopped live tech support on FCP I tried to get my buddies to make a video editing suite but we just didn't have the capital. The world could have been mine, Cody! It was in my grasp!!!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread