Adorable little Mega Bloks Warlock... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, June 24, 2016, 17:11 (2856 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't know why, and this is totally irrational, but this kind of makes me feel a bit sad.

I always have mixed feelings about this stuff. On the one hand, I love cool little action figures and stuff like that. They're fun. But part of me does feel a little put off by "merchandising" in general. I don't really understand why I feel this way. I remember when Microsoft announced that they were bringing "Cortana" to windows, I just kind of sighed. I have no good reason to feel down about it... I guess part of me just feels like every little marketing tie-in takes a little piece away from the source. Like it is a little less special now. I don't know, maybe I'm a little bummed out that we have cool little mega-block guardians before we even have much of a story or reason to care about the guardians. But then again, maybe stuff like this plays into the appeal of what Destiny actually is. Our guardians are a pile of collectables in many ways :-/

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread