Is Bungie even thinking regarding crucible changes? (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, June 25, 2016, 14:21 (2855 days ago) @ Ragashingo

With all the best will... I don't think it has. The year one version's perk only put ammo back when you missed. It was so unstable that you miss quite a bit, so that seems like an ok idea - but in practice it was really just taking longer to kill things than other machine guns (due to missing). The way to mitigate that, of course, is either get really close, or shoot at something too big to miss (a boss) so that all the shots hit. But even then, you were just landing all your hits with a gun with mediocre stats. And you'd run out of ammo at the normal rate, and have to reload. I wanted to like that gun, and I did think it was amusing to stand there and shoot at nothing with it, and watch the ammo count barely go down at all. But I never had any practical use for it. A slow-firing, stable, legendary machine gun always put things down faster.

The year 2 version is a different kettle of fish. Because it's restoring ammo from the reserves on hit, so you can just throw a wall of bullets at something without ever reloading. The stats on it still aren't great, but there are some situations where it can do more damage in X amount of time than others, simply because you don't have to stop and reload.

IMO, SGA is tied with Dragon's breath for most-improved exotic. Both of them went from being nearly useless to being top-tier (in the right situation), at least in PvE.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread