Going to have to disagree. (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, June 25, 2016, 23:31 (2860 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Bugie has limited resources.

We all knew the old consoles would be cut off. Now that the "new" generation of consoles has been announced, it does not surprise me that Bungie is moving forward.

Trials is unexpected, but after a small amount of thought it totally makes sense.

1- I don't want Bungie to have 2 teams supporting two versions of trials. It's a limited event that only a segment of the playerbase takes advantage of. Those resources are better spent elsewhere.

2- I want trials to move ahead with the new content.

3- I bought a PS4 to get a better experience with Destiny. I hope this means that will continue to improve. They've stretched the tech pretty far to get to where they are currently. (Remember when they removed a robot from the tower so we could get more vault space? They're quite limited right now to improvements)

4- Destiny, largely, will still work as it is today with the older gen consoles. They aren't abandoning them, more drawing a line in the sand.

I think it's too bad for those trials players on older gen consoles, but probably appropriate. I am a bit surprised that they didn't give more notice than 6 weeks or so though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread