Different raid strategies for different platforms. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 27, 2016, 15:29 (2830 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Maybe it's a Deeply Flawed Raider thing, but on PS4, we've only ever done the thing with the back bridge on Golgoroth.

You need to raid with us more often ;)

Granted, I don't raid very often these days either, but it's probably been 5 or 6 months since I've run with a group that used the back-right platform as a starting point for Golgoroth.

I really like the technique of having the gaze-taker stand on the boxes at the front-left side of the platform because it maximizes the opportunity to do as much damage as possible. Since the gaze-taker is directly above the rest of the fireteam (who is hiding in a bubble down below), Golgoroth is already facing the appropriate direction. There is zero time wasted waiting for him to rotate around. Also, because all 5 damage dealers are already in firing position, there is no time wasted waiting for anyone to run back from the back-right platform. As to Kermit's concern, the gaze taker should be able to drop the orb all by themselves using a heavy machine gun. No need for help from the rest of the fireteam :)

So the gaze holder has to take down the orb AND grab the gaze? Sheesh! Maybe that's efficient for all you crackerjack flawless raiders, but I prefer to trade a little less efficiency for a little more room for error.

I've never played the crate strategy where at some point the timing didn't get off and we weren't waiting for the gaze to be taken or for the orb to drop, whereas numerous times on the xbox using the back distraction strategy, the orb dropped and gaze was taken simultaneously.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread