While I agree . . . (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, June 27, 2016, 16:47 (2831 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don't think that's a good attitude to take.

Games as a service seems really sketchy to me, and this only illustrates that. Folks on the 360 and PS3 were sold a product, and now that product no longer works as advertised. That's a serious problem in my book.

I totally appreciate your point of view on this, but personally I just think it is fair to expect an always-online game to move along with current technology. Destiny is almost 2 years old, and as others have pointed out, the 360 is an 11 year old piece of hardware. It is certainly a shame for those few players still actively playing Destiny on the PS3 and 360, but Trials and IB are both parts of the "live" game and must move forward with current gear sets & light levels. In an ideal world, Bungie would keep a tiny portion of the live team dedicated to supporting the 360 and PS3, but given their ongoing struggle to generate content, I can't imagine that would be a worthwhile investment of resources.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread