Dear Players: stop trying to bargain. (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:01 (2853 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by CyberKN, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:34

Also, we really need a Theater mode, Bungie. At least a temporarily detachable camera consumable...

This just made me imagine a detachable-camera consumable that can only be obtained through faction rep packages or bought through Eververse, which made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

As time goes on, I see more and more people add caveats whenever they make suggestions about what they would like to see changed in Destiny, an example being Korny's suggestion that the camera be a consumable.

I get why you do it: you're trying to appeal to Bungie's (or any other developer's) ego. You're trying to make your suggestion seem as inoffensive or easy-to-implement as possible, in the hopes that they will be more receptive to it.

Stop it. This is a terrible negotiation tactic.

When you want something added or changed in a game, ask for it without compromise. Push for it. This gives people like Deej or Cozmo WAY more ammunition when they talk to the dev team about what needs to be changed or added to make the community happy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread