Detachable cameras... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:06 (2851 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Korny, Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:10

Also, we really need a Theater mode, Bungie. At least a temporarily detachable camera consumable...

This just made me imagine a detachable-camera consumable that can only be obtained through faction rep packages or bought through Eververse, which made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Lol. Well, in a certain other game, you can buy extremely cheap consumables with in-game currency (I think it's the equivalent of 10 for 1 Glimmer) that detach the camera from the player, called Remote Observers. It attaches to any surface (moving or stationary) that the player aims at, and then it follows the player around for 20 seconds. Players have gotten pretty creative with it (attaching it to projectiles and such).
That works within the context of a game running on a server.

Having a detachable camera would be very beneficial to machinimas in PvE sections of the game (it could be something that the Fireteam Leader could choose to allow). It could turn the player's camera into a Ghost for added usefulness. Similarly, Games such as Battleborn function differently depending on whether or not the player is alone on the server or not. Ideally Bungie could add a detachable camera to these sections that could function similar to Playstation games' Photo Mode.

I hope that one day, all games support on the God-tier Photo Mode that The Order:1886 has:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread