Detachable cameras... *imgs* (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 13:26 (2852 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 13:29

I can't believe photo mode isn't damn near universal in games, yet. Halo 3's Theater mode really blew my mind at the time, and I thought for sure more games were going to get something similar.

I was excited for Uncharted 4's photo mode, but it's garbage. If it's not a free-cam, what's the point? It's a really half-assed implementation, and it really bugs me.

Naughty Dog explained why they opted to have an "Anchor" style camera instead of Freecam (environments and detaiis could break). Sure, people like you and I would gladly forgive the peek behind the curtain (The Order:1886 has Freecam, and many areas fall apart and lose textures), but for the most part, the Anchor camera just requires a bit more patience and creativity (You can zoom out quite a ways, and increase/decrease the focal length).

You can still get great photos that don't involve Nate, and the fact that you can use Photo Mode to manipulate cutscenes? Great stuff, I say. Check my recent screenshots (Spoilers!):

[image][image][image][image][image]

[image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread