10 dead flies all day. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 13:52 (2829 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I'm not sure how they can argue that the 1 month delay in The Division is somehow comparable to the 1 YEAR delay in Destiny.

Because in Destiny, it's a handful of exclusive content that doesn't alter the game (except when Hawkmoon WAS the entire Meta of 2/3rds of Year One).

In the Division, it's a huge piece of endgame content to the game, and PS4 players are 100% locked out. Would you be okay if The Taken King had been a month-long PS4 exclusive, if it meant no Year 2 exclusive content?

This can never be said by a Bungie employee, but I have yet to see Playstation exclusive Destiny content that lived up to the hype (and sometimes I've wondered if that was deliberate). I've played on both platforms from the start, and I've never felt like my Xbox experience was "diminished" in any way. The most substantive exclusives have been the strikes, and I never thought, man, I really want to play Undying Mind. I always had trouble finding randos who wouldn't quit when Undying Mind loaded. I like the strike but never felt it was important to events in the story, like, say, Omnigul.

Agree/disagree. The "bonus" strikes have all been kinda meh, but some of the items like Hawkmoon literally helped define the pvp meta. You may not have "missed" it per se on the xbox, but it changed the overall game experience in a substantive way.

Well, that's cool for you, but I never got one until long after it had been nerfed (it may have even been year two). Is an exclusive so wonderful (or so unfair or shittier to left-out players on the other platform) if there's a fair chance that you, as a player on the "best" platform, won't even get it? I've long thought the exclusives are not really substantial and little more than grist for platform hype that helped defer the cost of marketing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread