Different raid strategies for different platforms. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 14:06 (2857 days ago) @ slycrel

Having done this fight 4 different ways, I tend to agree that the way cruel is talking about is logistically easiest overall. The logistics, other than I guess holding the gaze, focus on the challenge mode mechanics.

Everyone has a role to play. If someone isn't able to DPS reliably, I don't see the harm in having them learn to hold the gaze in this way over 2-3 attempts. It's no easier or harder than any other job. But it does require someone to know how the mechanics of the fight work and be familiar with golgoroth's soft spot. Which is easy to teach. Assuming the DPS does it's job (heh) I'm pretty sure you can get it done in 2 gaze holds with this method (or more if your DPS is lower).

Easy is in the eye of the beholder (often I feel like I play in a different Destiny universe than many of you). As I said, except for when Cyber held it, my gaze holders haven't been flawless on top of the crate. (I certainly haven't been--whereas I have been as the gaze holder following the other strategy.) One wipe wipes out any efficiency gains. I'll do both, and hope to get better from the top of the crate, but I think it'll always feel more stressful and more susceptible to error.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread