Detachable cameras... *imgs* (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 14:21 (2851 days ago) @ Korny

Naughty Dog explained why they opted to have an "Anchor" style camera instead of Freecam (environments and detaiis could break). Sure, people like you and I would gladly forgive the peek behind the curtain (The Order:1886 has Freecam, and many areas fall apart and lose textures), but for the most part, the Anchor camera just requires a bit more patience and creativity (You can zoom out quite a ways, and increase/decrease the focal length).

Yeah, that's a fair point, and I guess I can understand the developers not wanting people to see how messy that stuff actually is. But I would absolutely love that. It's a neat insight into how gameplay environments are actually constructed.

You can still get great photos that don't involve Nate, and the fact that you can use Photo Mode to manipulate cutscenes? Great stuff, I say. Check my recent screenshots (Spoilers!):

Oh, I have enjoyed using Uncharted 4's Photo Mode, and I'm glad it's there (and I wish every game had at least an equivalent). It could just be better with free-cam, even if it was limited. Limit the movement space of the camera to basically what it is now, just let me move it freely. Maybe that's much more difficult for some reason--I can't pretend to know anything about it.

[image][image][image][image][image]

[image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image]

Those are great! Someday I'll get back to Uncharted 4 and play around with it some more.

P.S. Does Uncharted 4 have the best fire of any game ever? I think so, but I think it has the best of a lot of things of any game ever, so that's no surprise.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread