Question for Playstation players (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 18:35 (2829 days ago) @ stabbim

I always had trouble finding randos who wouldn't quit when Undying Mind loaded.

Why do PlayStation players hate this strike in particular? I remember hearing things like this back when it was still exclusive, but then when it did come to XBox, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. It seems fairly similar to other strikes to me, as far as length/challenge level.

I thought perhaps the speedrunners hated it because you actually have to do the fight in the big bowl area to progress, but Undying Mind is hardly the only strike which does that. Archon Priest, Devil's Lair, Dust Palace all have similar stuff.

There's a hallway / stair climb that is just 20 minutes of constantly respawning vex yellow bar minotaurs. If you get lucky and get the Taken version, you can just snipe the one yellow wizard and you're clear for like 2 minutes of running up to the next checkpoint, but the vex version is brutal. It can be fun, but it's always frustrating as there are just so many (SO MANY) damn enemies. It was especially brutal as a gunslinger before the latest patch because three shots from my golden gun would only pop the shields and do about 2/3 damage to a single one of the 6 approaching minotaurs. It's not nearly so bad now, and I have a reasonable chance to generate orbs for people.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread