That sounds like hell to me, lol (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 19:33 (2855 days ago) @ Vortech

I've had this happen naturally when platform assignments are static, especially with teams who were struggling through and wiping a lot. After a while, everyone starts associating platforms with names because that's where they've lived for the last hour, man! Squatter's rights!

I hope Greg was the guy's gamertag and not his real name. That would add another layer of confusion. This brings up another issue that amuses me. I mostly play with community people who know me by Kermit. A lot of you know my real name but you still call me Kermit online (and most of you do in real life, too, which is fine). This is also convenient in that it's easy to remember gamertags in-game if you have a mixture of people who know each other to varying degrees (and it just feels more comfortable when I'm playing with people I haven't met before). I've got friends outside of the commnunity who don't get this concept of being known by your gamertag. They struggle to call me Kermit, which I can understand, but I'll introduce them to someone and later they'll ask, "That guy we played with--what's his name?"

"Stabbim," I'll say.

"No, what's his name?"

"Um, Stabbim?"

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread