Hand Cannons are back (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 23:42 (2851 days ago)

Well, just one… the Eyasluna!

[image]

Some call it the mini Hawkmoon. It's more like the old Devil You Know. In fact, it feels a lot like shooting that gun back in the day. Since the days when hand cannons were king, the other weapons have gotten a lot more lethal. Hand cannons WERE about pacing shots and precision back then. No longer. Try that, and you'll get ripped to shreds by a pulse. You've got to shoot as fast as possible. I've noticed that stability is hugely helpful on hand cannons in order to get quick shots, when it was never really a concern to me before. It seems now to win gunfights you have to get three shots off almost as fast as the gun will fire. So it's almost more valuable than range now.

Eyasluna has the stability, and the range. So while I can't shoot it like I did the Devil You Know, I can perform similarly.

Still, when only one hand cannon in the game feels right (with a range upgrade i'll add), then you have to ask if they don't need even more tweaking. IMO other guns have gotten too lethal. Since hand cannons do all their damage at once, you can't really adjust their damage values in a way that meaningfully changes time to kill. Is it time to bring Scouts and Pulses down just a hair? Auto rifles of course, have been shit since about week 5.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread