This sub-thread saddens me. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, July 21, 2016, 19:21 (2830 days ago) @ stabbim

I'm fine w/ Bungie being silly in Destiny, even in the lore with the Cabal being puzzled/terrified of our sweet sweet dance moves, but I really really love a good sci-fi story. Fun, good, not-dark sci-fi stories are largely what have attracted me to Bungie (tho' I guess Marathon had some pretty dark elements, but in comparison to other shooters on the market at the time it was a bright & hopeful shooter).

I'd be very sad if Bungie doesn't develop this story/world of theirs. It's got the foundation of a compelling story, when I finished the Black Garden I thought to myself, "There wasn't much resolution here, but I feel like they've set the stage for the next decade of storytelling." So far I feel like they've introduced us to some of the characters and got sidetracked writing short stories set in the universe that don't advance the plot much (TTK being a bit of an exception, but it felt more like a novella).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread