Nah, I've got ya now, that makes sense (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, July 22, 2016, 19:00 (2806 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I had an inkling of what would happen after that initial prologue - lakshmie sets up the Device and people start going insane or dying or seeing the future when they use it; the player sets out to find a way to subvert the device so we can use it to spy on the vex instead of them spying on us; we enlist the aid of the guardians to hunt down vex relics on mercury and they discover Osiris who has been training guardians to fight the darkness using the dark powers against them - he asks us *why* the vex want to simulate reality, which brings us to the speaker... It's not all fleshed out yet and it starts getting off cannon at that point, too, which is why I didn't include it. But those events... They aren't the thing that's missing. What's missing is why the player should care about any of this, and that's what I hoped to illustrate with the prologue I wrote.

I just want the plot to be a little bit more about the characters, and I don't mean about things that they do, but what it says about them. Like lakshmie wrestles with a sense of self and whether or not the Vex end game is actually bad from their perspective and what about their experience up until that point informs that perspective.

I agree with you. We need to see them wrestling with decisions, learning and growing as people, making discoveries, and taking actions that actually affect the world around us. I also really, really think we need to care about all of those things and be invested in their success.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread