Wolfenstein: The New Order (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, July 25, 2016, 17:13 (2824 days ago)

So I had bought this game a while back and played it but I set it down and only just now got back to it. And I don't know why I set it down. Turns out I was almost done with the game!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this is a solid game IMHO. It doesn't have an elaborate plot or anything, I mean it's about Nazi's winning WW2 led by a crazy scientist who likes to experiment on people and you want to stop him. However, they still managed to make a good driven story that I think does some great character development.

The graphics are good and the game mechanics are solid, I mean it's no Destiny but considering it's not Bungie, but pretty darned good. It really mixes elements of stealth with double machine gun toting chaos, which I thought was quite impressive. And it's not a "let's add a section where the player gets to blow shit up", you really have to think about what you are doing. But when you gun someone down it feels good (that sounds terrible but whatever) because you played correctly.

Also, the best part that took me off guard the first time it happened to me, cement and metal barriers are destructible. It such a simple thing, but there nothing like knowing that the thing your hiding behind is temporary or that the metal wall is going to melt to pieces to that giant mech with a laser cannon. This mechanic also allows you to use one of your basic guns to cut holes in walls to come at guys from different directions or find secret stashes in walls which I found really cool. It's the little things like this I love in games.

The only thing I can think of that I didn't like about it was that you had to manually pick up ammo and guns. I hated it with a passion at first but I soon got over it.

TL;DR
Wolfenstein is a solid game and I would recommend it to anyone.

Here are two gameplay clips of me, one of me dying and the second attempt killing the guy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread