Storytelling in Destiny 2 and a plot I can get behind (Destiny)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, July 25, 2016, 20:52 (2803 days ago) @ Kahzgul

While an interesting idea for a game. I don't think this would be a good route for Destiny 2 to take. Too much has been invested in the notion of you as the character becoming legend in the world of Destiny. To make so grand a departure from that theme in the second instalment would cause too severe a disconnect in my opinion.

That's not to say it isn't a neat idea. I just think it would make for a better ODST and less a Halo 2.

Personally, I am far more interested in seeing just how my Awoken Thantonaut can become so in deed as well as mere word. There is so much of the arcane universe I would love to explore with my own character, that I don't (just yet) want to be sidetracked with someone elses characters.

What I really think Destiny needs is more class and subclass specific missions/quests/things. We need to see that we are all travelling a forking path, rather than checking off items on a list.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread