A good series ruined (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 01:19 (2793 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ok... What you said above doesn't add up at all. How do you reconcile supporting someone who calls a franchise ruined while you at the same time acknowledge that the game in question is receiving widespread praise?

Because that's exactly my point. Cody's opinion is his own--the fact that the game is praised doesn't have to affect it, and he's voicing his opinion in the only way that really matters by not purchasing it. You're doing the same thing by putting your money on the table for it. Cody's opinion in this case may not be nuanced, but he's taking a stand against microtransactions, which is more that can be said for most people.

Everyone likes to bitch about day one patches, crappy DLC, and microtransactions, but every game that you buy that has those things is you giving your approval to those practices. It's like complaining about politics without going out and voting at the polls. Actually, it's like voting for someone because of his stance on a single issue and then bitching about his actions regarding a dozen other issues, even though he didn't hide his stance on those issues before he was elected.

I'm not talking about you, specifically, but the general "you" of the internet and gaming audience at large.

Cody may see things in black and white and use hyperbole in ways that most here don't like, but he's definitely not wrong on this issue if he thinks microtransactions in general are egregious enough to fight against.

I dislike the trend of microtransactions, but not strongly enough to vote against them by refusing to purchase a game I want because of their mere inclusion. At the end of the day, that's effectively me telling publishers and developers that I like and want microtransactions.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread