A good series ruined (Gaming)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 03:50 (2799 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I dislike the trend of microtransactions, but not strongly enough to vote against them by refusing to purchase a game I want because of their mere inclusion. At the end of the day, that's effectively me telling publishers and developers that I like and want microtransactions.

No. Paying for micro transactions is telling them you like and want micro transactions. If anything, the intelligent move here is to buy and enjoy the game and spend zero dollars on the micro transactions. If we all did that, good games would be properly rewarded while micro transactions would be properly discouraged.

P.S. Random aside:I don't ever plan to buy this game. I've never played or really even seen the series and have no supportable opinion on it one way or the other. It's the idea that all games that include X are ruined and worse than previous games that bugs me here.

P.P.S. I feel obligated to point out that only a Sith deals in absolutes. Didn't manage to work that into the reply so I've placed it here for all of our amusement. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread